Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Opal Review

Opal (Lux, #3)Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh Daemon… swoon picturing the romantic things you would do to me.. I mean for me.

On to how I feel about this beloved book. I was excited the day Opal came out, but I did not jump to buy it because I knew that I would read it in a matter of hours, and once I was done I would not be satisfied again for a very long while. I put it off as long as I had it in me, which was not long at all.

I was not disappointed from the first page to the last. You know that it was going to be the cliffhanger of a lifetime towards the end because Armentrout pretty much tells us while Katy is thinking. Although I am now wishing I savored instead of devoured this book I am altogether happy..ish

I like how it starts off pretty much where the last one lets off and you get glimpses of past senses you may have forgotten about in the earlier books. Katy is more feisty than before and has more confidence in herself, we feel Dee’s pain and wish ASh would just go away or play nice all the time. Blake, well we just want him to go away but he is always there and creepier then ever. Daemon has a sweet romantic side that we just can’t get enough of and when him and Katy are together is just lights the room up. No bun intended. While we get to see new sides of characters we love we also get to meet new folks we can’t wait to learn more about, like a 15 year old who acts like he is 30.

At times I wished there was a little more action going on, but then I would turn the page there it would be waiting to surprise me. Speaking of surprises if you like them, this book is filled with them. I only gave the book four stars because as much as I love this series and all the characters I just felt that there should of been more to some of parts of the story or they could of been left out all together. or maybe I am just being spiteful because when I read the ending all I wanted to do was scream till I sounded like Katy while she was in her Onyx cage.


If you have not read this series yet, you are missing out and I recommend you start now.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment