Thursday, February 28, 2013

{ Review } Making Him Sweat




Making Him Sweat (Harlequin Blaze #740)Making Him Sweat by Meg Maguire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


She's hitting below the belt...
Round 1
In this corner is admittedly romantic Jenna Wilinski, who's inherited a rather seedy boxing gym from her estranged father. With it, she can realize her dream of launching an upscale matchmaking business...provided she can take on the very intimidating-and wickedly hot-boxer who stands in her way! 
Round 2
In the far corner is former pro boxer Mercer Rowley. He's the only one who can protect his "home"-even if it is a little run down-from his determined and feisty little opponent. But man, once the  gloves come off, his hands just want to touch her everywhere... 
Round 3
This matchup is too close to call. But no matter which contender comes out on top, the other is sure to enjoy every minute of it....



Of course when I saw the cover I had to read this book. a sexy boxer, Yum! and I wasn’t disappointed.

Jenna has come to Boston to take over the gym her father has felt to her after his death. Mercer is the gym’s manager, and the man who had been taking care of Jenna’s father before his death. Jenna has other plans for this gym that will turn mercers world upside down, but he just wants a fighting chance to change her mind. what these two discover is more than the will to fight for a drowning gym, they find truth and lost loves.

While I enjoyed the book, it didn’t blow me away. There was more I wanted. All of the question that arise are answered, just it seemed rusted towards the end. The romance was fast past and heart-felt, but there wasn’t much depth to it. It may not have been an uncomplicated situation for them, but as a reader I was left a little discounted to them. Jenna has grand ideas for the gym and the building so she can fallow her dreams but she has to struggle with finding out how to give mercer his as well. Mercer is a sexy tough guy who will take a punch to protect you, but he will also knock your sock off in the bed room and melt your heart with his words. I thought the characters worked well together and brought out the best in each other. There just wasn’t enough to there relationship to make it believable to me. It felt to easy at times, that mercer just was along for the ride, however it ended up he was ok with. I know he says other wise, but it was just how it came across at timed. I wished there was more detail and reaction to being able to have both there dreams realized and I felt the ending seemed a little rushed to complete it the way it ended.

This was a fast read with some fast romance and electricity between two people who where instantly attracted to each other. I recommend this book for someone who enjoys a little bit of sweat with a lot of sexy mixed in. As long as your not looking for that ultimate romance you should give this book a shot. it should also be read my a mature audience.

I recived this book from the publisher through netgalley for my honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment