Monday, January 7, 2013

Review of The Wicked Wedding of Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina

The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Wicked Wedding Of Miss Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina was a fast read. I read it in about a day and a half. I enjoy Historical Romances and this was no exception. I do however like my HR with a little more romance than I got out of this one.
Ellie is the witty elder daughter of a man who has raised her to be independent, since her mother died when she was a young girl. Ellie, not only takes care of herself but her father and two younger sisters, who happen to be married. In need of money Miss Vyne sets out in disguise as a french Count, gambling and betting to win money to pay the family bills.
James Hartley, ten years Ellie senior and her childhood nemesis appears one night and comes to “save” Ellie from the thieving Count who has stole his diamonds from his mistress. James has no idea that that Ellie and the Count are one and the same.

Ellie is always causing mischief and her name is notorious in scandal, James name in none the cleaner. So when certain circumstances push these two together it is nothing but teasing and smart mouth comments. Will these two ever find common ground?

While this book had some steamy sense it was mild and I found it more funny and corny than your typical Historical Romance. I wanted a little more body to the story and I felt the ending was good it could of been better. This book did have me smiling and wanting to join in some of the fun that these two found for themselves.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves HR’s and mischief.

I received this book from the publisher though netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment