Thursday, May 23, 2013

{Review} This Girl by Colleen Hoover

This Girl (Slammed, #3)This Girl by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series."


I have fallen in Love with everything I have read from Colleen so far and I wasn't disappointed with "This Girl". I am a huge fan of the Slammed series and fall in love with the characters.

What is life like after the wedding and you finally know you are where your suppose to be? That is what we get to find out in This Girl. What I enjoyed about this book is that we get to relive some of the best parts of Slammed and Point of Retreat from Wills point of view while still moving forward with their story. We get a deeper look in to Will before he met Lake and how he feels right at the moment. These two have had a hard life but they get the happily ever after that they deserve and they don't have to call Retreat anymore. This story revealed some new information that doesn't sit well with Lake and he has to learn to move on from Wills past to move on to their Future. Having Lake asking Will to retell how they met is sweet and you can see how Much they love each other.

I was sad finishing the book knowing that I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite characters but it was worth it in the end. All good things must come to an end right? I would love to see how Kel and Caulder grow up and get a look at how developed with a Brother and Sister raising them.

I received this book from the Publisher through Netgalley for my honest review.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you liked it, it's on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great nodding to the series. Hope you enjoy it as well

      Delete