Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Available in Stores Today!!!


" A stunning debut. The Sea of Tranquility stole my heart, broke it, robbed me of breath, and made me ache. Read it and fall in love with Katja Millay's raw, lyrical writing," -Ann Aguirre, USA Today besting author of Enclave & Outpost


If you guys haven't read it yet, what are you waiting for? If its to come out in paperback TODAY is your lucky day. I am reposting my review today, in support of this astonishing book that will have you visiting all your emotions. You will be heart broken one page and falling in love the next. I may just need to go read it again myself. 


Review: Sea of Tranquility

The Sea of TranquilityThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.

Former piano prodigy Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone learning about her past and to make the boy who took everything from her—her identity, her spirit, her will to live—pay.

Josh Bennett’s story is no secret: every person he loves has been taken from his life until, at seventeen years old, there is no one left. Now all he wants is be left alone and people allow it because when your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.

Everyone except Nastya, the mysterious new girl at school who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. But the more he gets to know her, the more of an enigma she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he will ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding—or if he even wants to."




Nastya has moved in with her aunt who lives two hours away from her hometown to try and start over. But will she have the courage to face her deepest fears? Josh has lived in the same town his whole live and everyone knows his story. Will he be be able to connect with anyone ever again? When Nastya and Josh cross paths they find something in each other that brings them close without even saying a word.

I thought this book was pretty amazing. Katja Millay has a winner! At first you just wish you could shake Nastya just to make her talk, but then you get to know her more and you just want to save the little girl she was. Josh is the quit guy who is good with his hands, who wouldn’t be attracted to that, but he is so much more than just an average teenage guy. Both of these characters have had an intense life up to this point and they both still have a long way to go. I thought these two made great friends and they found each other when they needed the other most, and they didn’t even know it. Through there own kind of therapy things start to look up, until someones feelings get hurt. I enjoyed the journey that Katja brought me on, there was so many emotions and the ending. Oh my God the ending. I’ll stop before I tell you what it is because well you have to read the book to find out.

Books aren’t meant for everyone to like and this is definitely a YA book so if you don’t like reading about high schoolers, I still think you might like the story behind it anyways because it is not your typical high school romance drama.

I received this book from the publisher through netgalley for my honest review 

No comments:

Post a Comment